To share, simply select the “…” icon from the top right corner of your screen while playing a track, and select Instagram Stories. (Just note: Audio will not play on Instagram, and fans seeing the Canvas in the app will not be counted in Canvas metrics unless they click through to Spotify.)
With a song playing in Spotify, tap the ellipsis icon and choose the Share option. Tap Instagram and you’re taken to your Instagram story, where your selected song appears with its cover art.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Spotify app.
- Navigate to the song you wish to share.
- Press the three horizontal dots at the top-right of the screen.
- Scroll down and select Share.
- Select Instagram Stories.
- Press the “Your Story” button at the bottom-left of the screen.
If you’re not seeing this, be sure to reinstall not just Spotify , but Instagram too. If you see the option to display more sharing options, always open it to check if it’s at the bottom of the list. Tap the three dots > Share > Instagram Story. It should be the second option on Android and the third on iOS.
How to post a music video on Instagram Stories
- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap the + icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Story.
- Either shoot a new video with the Stories Camera or swipe up to upload a video from your Camera Roll.
- Press the sticker button at the top of the screen.
- Select the music sticker.
When you open the camera, swipe to the new “Music” option under the record button. Search for a song, select the exact part you want, and record a video as the song plays in the background. When your friends are watching your story, they’ll hear the song playing as they’re viewing your photo or video.
How do you post a song on Instagram when it doesn’t show your story?
How to add music to your Instagram Story, even if you don’t have the music sticker
- To add music to your Instagram Story, tap the sticker icon and select the music option.
- You can also add music to your Instagram Story from apps like Spotify, SoundCloud, or Shazam.
How do you continue a song on Instagram story?
How to Add Music to Instagram Stories
- Go to the Instagram Story creation interface.
- Add an image to your Story, as you usually do.
- Click on the stickers icon to see all the stickers available. …
- Click on the music sticker. …
- Search for the song that you want to add to your Story.