If a buyer requests a refund or has an issue with their purchase, the seller has 2 business days to respond to the buyer and attempt to resolve the buyer’s issue. If the seller has not responded or resolved the issue after 2 business days, the buyer may make a claim directly to Facebook.
Are you obligated to give a refund on Facebook Marketplace?
No. As long as you put a disclaimer of any potential issue the item has and the buyers knows that, then you are under no obligation to provide a refund. You should only provide a refund if you didn’t tell the person any potential issue that you were fully well aware of but neglected to tell the person.
Do I have to refund a Facebook buyer?
You must submit a claim within 60 days after the charge. … If we approve a buyer’s claim, in some situations, Facebook may offer a partial refund, otherwise the refunded amount will include the full purchase price of the item, tax, and shipping fees.
Will Facebook pay refund me if I get scammed?
If you’ve used Facebook Pay to send money in Messenger, Facebook cannot issue a refund. According to Facebook’s own guidance, there is no official method for getting a Messenger refund. In practice, you only have two options available to you: Ask the seller to return the money.
Can you sue someone over Facebook marketplace?
Yes, you can sue the seller for fraud (depending on what was advertised and said) and breach of contract (again, depending on what you agreed to buy).
How do I get a refund from the Marketplace?
Requesting a Refund from Marketplace purchase
- Go to My Account > Purchase History.
- From your order history, select the correct order.
- “Request a Refund”.
- Then fill out the refund order form.
- Marketplace Support will request information once the refund request is generated.
How do I get my money back from the Facebook Marketplace seller?
How do I issue a refund for something I sold with shipping on Facebook Marketplace?
- Tap .
- Tap Marketplace.
- Tap at the top, then tap Your listings.
- Tap View order next to the order you want to refund.
- Scroll down and tap Refund, then tap Refund to confirm.
How do I dispute a Marketplace purchase on Facebook?
To appeal a claim decision:
- Go to Commerce Manager and select your shop.
- Locate the Orders tab and select Disputes. …
- In the Appeals Claim Decision information box, select Submit Appeal. …
- Review the displayed messages, then select Submit Appeal.
Can a seller get scammed on Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook marketplace car scams are quite common types of payment scams, too. A seller will request a down payment or deposit on a car then provide a fake address of pickup once the money has been sent.
How do I know if Facebook Marketplace seller is legit?
For Buyers: How to Spot a Seller Scam on Marketplace
- The listing offers a suspiciously low price for a high-demand item. …
- The seller will not meet you in person or let you see the item before purchase. …
- The seller asks you to pay using gift cards for eBay or another company.
How long does a Facebook Marketplace refund take?
Refunds must be issued within 2 business days from when the seller receives the returned items. Sellers must provide a return shipping label to buyers when accepting a return request from a buyer.
Can you report someone on Marketplace?
Click Marketplace. Click the listing from the seller you want to report. Scroll down and click the Seller’s Name. Click Report.
What do you do if someone sells you something broken on the Marketplace?
The item is damaged or unusable: Contact the seller to ask if they’d like you to return the damaged or unusable (example: locked phone) item. If the seller wants you to send the order back, you’ll need to coordinate with them on who will cover the return shipping costs.