Send GO from your phone as a text message to 40404. You’ll receive a text message from Twitter confirming that your device has been verified and SMS alerts have been enabled.
What is Twitter’s SMS number?
To post a tweet, you can send an SMS message to a special “short code” number (in the US, it’s 40404). SMS messaging was the main way mobile users could post to the social media platform back in 2006 when Twitter was first founded and smartphones were starting to emerge.
Can you text Twitter?
Tap the message icon to create a new message. In the address box, enter the name(s) or @username(s) of the people you wish to send a message to. … Enter your message. In addition to text, you can include a photo, video, or GIF via Direct Message.
Can you still text 40404 to tweet?
The ability to tweet via text was important to Twitter in the service’s early days, but it’s more of a legacy feature at this point since most people rely on the smartphone app. The feature still exists, though, allowing you to text a number, such as 40404, and have that message posted to your account.
What is a text from 40404?
Twitter is said to use “40404” short code to send marketing texts. The same code is also used by Twitter to notify its users regarding their Twitter account activities.
How do you get a Twitter code?
To generate a new backup code through your Twitter app:
- Go to your Settings and privacy (on an iOS device, tap your profile icon; on an Android device, tap the navigation menu icon or your profile icon).
- Tap Account, then tap Security.
- Tap Backup code.
How do I use Twitter SMS?
Go to https://twitter.com/login.
- Click the link that says Activate your account, next to Already using Twitter via text message?
- Enter your phone number when prompted.
- Twitter will send a verification code to your phone.
What is the difference between tweeting and texting?
While users can opt to receive Twitter notifications via text message, the default platform for Twitter is Internet-based. Texting, on the other hand, takes place independently from the Internet. Text messages are exchanged within or between cell phone service providers.
How do I verify my phone number on Twitter?
- Sign in to twitter.com on the web or on your phone’s mobile browser.
- Go to your mobile settings.
- Delete the old phone number and add your new number.
- Click Continue.
- We will immediately send you an SMS text message with a code so we can verify your number.
- Enter the verification code.
Why would I get a Twitter confirmation code?
Backup codes are automatically generated for Twitter users when they enable 2FA fort heir accounts using the iOS or Android Twitter app. They can also be generated using the Twitter app by going to Settings and privacy > Account > Security and then tapping on Backup code.
How do I stop Twitter messages from 40404?
To cut the number of text messages Twitter sends, turn off text notifications for individual users. Send “OFF” followed by a user’s name (without “@”) to “40404” to disable texts from that user. This method won’t unfollow the user, so you’ll still see his tweets on your computer.
Why is Twitter SMS not working?
If you are not receiving SMS verification from Twitter, try to check your settings and turn off airplane mode. … Find airplane mode and make sure that it is disabled. Once done, try to re-access your account and see if you will receive an SMS verification.
How do I follow 40404?
Just text ‘follow NotifyNYC’ to 40404 in the US. Try it out the next time you see a Twitter @username at a restaurant or store, on a billboard or on TV, or if you hear one mentioned on the radio. If you want to appear in a user’s followers list or start to get followers, you’ll need to create a Twitter account.
How do you get Twitter text notifications?
To receive notifications when an account you follow Tweets or broadcasts live video:
- From the account profile, tap the notification icon.
- Check the box next to Account notifications.
- From the pop-up message, choose between two notification types: All Tweets or Only live video.
- Tap your selection.