If your personal Facebook settings are set to high privacy settings, your family and friends won’t be able to share that content; they can only read it. Facebook settings also include privacy sharing options, which are set when the post-originator first publishes the post.
Rick’s answer: Your friends are right, Billie. Facebook no longer displays the “Share” button on posts that have their privacy levels set to “Friends”. Unfortunately, there’s no way to force the “Share” button to appear on posts that you mark as “Friends. That’s just the way it is now.
Your app is not updated – if you’re using an old version of Instagram, you might lose some of its features, including resharing Stories. Always ensure your app is up to date. The Story expired – as you know, Instagram Stories last for 24 hours. If the Story expired, you wouldn’t be able to open or repost it.
If Facebook friends tell you that they have tried to share one of your posts but cannot, you probably need to tweak your privacy settings to make sharing possible. Facebook’s privacy settings control every aspect of your profile from who can see your photos to who can see posts you make.
Why can’t I add peoples posts to my story?
The ‘Add post to story’ button is only available for public accounts. If you are trying to share a post from a private account, you will not see the button in the sharing menu under the post. Check posts from other accounts, preferably from a celebrity, and see if you can view the resharing option.
How do I enable Resharing on my stories?
Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile. Tap in the top right, then tap Settings. Tap Privacy, then tap Story. Tap next to Allow Resharing to Stories.
How do I enable Resharing posts on Instagram 2021?
How to reshare a post to your Instagram Stories?
- Open your Instagram Stories.
- Press on “aA” (it’s the “Create” feature)
- Press on the “Smiley Sticker” on top of your screen.
- Press on the “Reshare” sticker.
- Re-share a post that you have recently viewed, saved or posted on your feed.
How to remove the share button on Facebook?
- Under the Privacy section, click on Profile and Tagging.
- Next, click on “Allow others to share your posts to their story”.
- Click on NO to disable the sharing feature.
- Next, go to your Facebook profile and select the disable share button.