Click on the messages icon. Click on “see all” on the drop-down menu. On the messages screen, look in the top left corner, just below “Facebook.” You’ll see “Inbox” and just to the right of it you’ll see “Other” in grey. Click “Other,” and your lost messages will display.
Why did my Facebook chats disappear?
The person who started the conversation could have deleted the conversation and it would disappear. Or one of the admins for the conversation, if there is one. It could also be that you were removed from the conversation. This would also make it look like the conversation disappeared.
Why did my messages on messenger disappear?
This feature causes messages to automatically disappear
Messenger From Facebook offers an optional “Vanish Mode” that causes messages to automatically disappear from chats once they’ve been seen. When Vanish Mode is turned on for a chat, all “seen” messages will disappear when the user closes the chat.
How can I get my Facebook chat back?
View your messages to restore your chat history in Facebook.
- Log in to Facebook and click “Messages” on the left side. A list of messages appears.
- Click the name of the person for which you want to view chat history. Your recent chat appears.
- Scroll up to view older chat history.
How do I recover disappeared messages on Messenger?
When users enable the vanish mode and swipe up on their mobile device in an existing chat thread, they can send the disappearing messages. To get back to their regular chat, users should swipe up again.
How do I recover my disappeared messages on Messenger?
Check to See if the Message Is Archived
- Open the Messenger app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap your profile picture.
- Tap Archived Chats.
- If the chat were archived, you would see it here. Swipe across it with your finger from right to left and select Unarchive to return it to your active Messenger chats.
Does Messenger delete old messages?
Unless you actively delete the history between you and another user, Messenger retains the entirety of your back-and-forth conversations, stretching back years. It could be jarring to some to be hit with an old thread with an ex or a family member or friend who has passed.