To add a call-to-action button in Ads Manager:
- Go to Ads Manager.
- Click Create.
- Choose a marketing objective and click Continue.
- Choose the audience, placements, budget and schedule for the ad and click Continue.
- Select the Facebook Page and Instagram account (optional) representing the ad.
Unfortunately, Facebook doesn’t allow you to customize the copy, icon or color for your CTA buttons. You’re limited to specifying one of their seven options, as well as the destination URL.
Why can’t I edit my Facebook ad?
You can only edit a post if it isn’t currently connected to an ad — whether it is active or inactive. When you create an ad, you can promote an existing post (published or not)… When you select a post to promote, there is a column for the post ID.
How do I edit a Facebook boosted post?
How do I change the text on a Facebook ad or a boosted post?
- Go to your Ads Manager.
- Open your ad.
- On the left-hand side under the search bar, click the third link.
- Scroll down and click Change Post.
- Now, quickly change another post to your ad, go back to the post you want to edit, and edit the text.
Click Ad Center in the left-hand menu and choose All Ads in the dropdown. Find your active call-to-action ad and click View Results. Click in the top-right corner. Choose Delete Ad in the dropdown.
Delete Call-to-Action Ads
- Go to your Facebook Page.
- Select near the top of your Page.
- Select Manage.
- Tap on the call-to-action ad you want to delete.
- In the Overview section, select Delete.
Why can’t I edit a boosted post on Facebook?
Note: You can’t edit text, image(s) and video once your boost has been reviewed and published. If you decide that you want to change your text or creative, you’ll need to create a new post and boost it.
Can you edit a Facebook post after posting?
Go to your post. Tap in the top right of the post. Tap Edit Post. Make your changes.